Psychiatric illnesses and conditions are frequent and yet very misunderstood by the general public. They place a heavy burden on patients, their families, and caregivers. Since cognition is an independent realm in which disorder may occur, mental conditions are hard to visualize and to understand.
Mental illnesses can be treated allowing patients to work and to function. To effectively treat patients, psychiatry practice increasingly becomes a multidisciplinary field combining neurobiology with social, physiology, and psychological perspectives in an attempt to treat mental disorders. In our practice, we combine and use new therapies as well as proven methods of behavioral modification. In our practice we specialize in:
- Depression using pharmacological and group support and treatments; we also offer Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) an effective, FDA approved non-invasive therapy
- Bipolar Disorder, a long-term condition, you can keep your moods in check by following a treatment plan that includes medication and a support group.
- Substance Abuse by providing counseling, group support, and medication management.
- ADHD affecting an estimated 3% to 5% of children and adults in the U.S. We will help you to succeed at school and at work through a combination of counseling, lifestyle changes, and medications.
- Anxiety disorders which collectively are among the most common disorders. For a person with an anxiety disorder, the anxiety does not go away and can get worse over time. Many patients responded to TMS.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is the newest FDA approved indication for TMS, and we treat patients using FDA approved protocol and hardware.
We work together with your primary care provider and offering group support, counseling, and medication management.